Training Programs in Drama Therapy & Psychodrama
Our trainings bring over three decades of teaching/training experience in the fields of Psychodrama, Drama Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy and Transpersonal/Mindfulness practice as related to counseling/psychotherapy, coaching, education and other professional areas. At the core of this professional body of work is a rich and deep understanding of how creativity and creative process builds a integrative foundation for healing, transformation, human development and spiritual practice.
We offer training courses and programs for individuals who are interested in learning how to integrate these action-based methods into their professional practice. Participants can attend a course to learn a specific skill-set or join a more advanced certificate program. We offer complete trainings that lead to becoming an RDT, Registered Drama Therapist and BCT, Board Certified Trainer. We also offer training in Psychodrama, Group Psychotherapy and Sociometry leading to a CP, Certified Practitioner and TEP, Trainer Educator Practitioner in Psychodrama. Our programs are individually tailored to meet the specific needs of each participant. Once accepted into a program, each participant works with a mentor/master teacher to set goals and make certain that they are meeting their needs- integrating these arts based skill-sets into their lives and practice. Supervision is also an important component of each program to assist in this process of integration.
Certificate Programs in Psychodrama & Drama Therapy
- This program combines 100 hours of course work (5 weekend courses)
- 10 hours of individual supervision (real time or virtual time)
- The program specializes in either Psychodrama or Drama Therapy or an integration of both methods. This certificate program can lead towards enrollment in one of the credentialed programs (see below) or stand on its own.
Advanced Trainings in Psychodrama, Group Psychotherapy and Sociometry leading to the following:
- Psychodrama Certified Practitioner (CP)
- Psychodrama Trainer, Educator and Practitioner (TEP)
- These trainings count towards certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy
- Drama Therapist Alternate Route Training
- This training counts towards the Registered Drama Therapist credentialing with the North American Drama Therapy Association
Entry into the certificate and/or advanced trainings in Psychodrama and Drama Therapy occur after having successfully completed an entry-level course and an interview with the co-leaders.
These trainings are highly individualized and designed to meet the particular needs and time constraints of each professional learner. Many participants travel from across the United States and other parts of the world to attend this distance learning training. Our model also includes online and virtual learning as an integrated component of the training, allowing for students to stay connected and garner peer-support and learning.
To become acquainted with the full requirements that lead to Psychodrama CP & TEP training please visit:
The American Board of Psychodrama, Sociometry & Group Psychotherapy at:
To become acquainted with the full requirements that lead to Drama Therapist alternate route training please visit:
The North American Drama Therapy Association at: