Motherblood, a short play, is an encounter between two mothers, one who is Israeli, the other is Palestinian, both of whom have survived significant losses. They struggle with each other, sharing a wide range of feelings regarding their complex personal and political situations. This is a meeting that changes these two womens’ lives. It promises to move you as well.
“This amazing dramatic performance breaks through all the rhetoric on both sides of the Israel/Palestine struggle and leads us directly to the humanity and fundamental decency of most people on both sides. It’s a perfect opening to a serious conversation about what we can do to build a lasting peace with justice and security for both sides.”
–Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor, Tikkun and author, Healing Israel/Palestine (North Atlantic Books, 2003)
MOTHERBLOOD has been produced:
- As a staged reading at the Herring Run Arts Festival
- At the Boca Raton Sixth Annual Short Play Reading,
- In Israel at the conference IMAGINE: Expression In The Service Of Humanity,
- In Washington D.C. at Rabbi Michael Lerner’s Tikkun Conference, for The Network of Spiritual Progressives.
- At the Empower Peace Conference at Lesley University in Cambridge Massachusetts,
- At the National Offices of the Union for Reform Judaism in NYC
- At the Passim Coffee House, Richard Cambridge’s Poets Theater, Cambridge, MA
- At Truestory Playback Theater at the QuakerMeeting House in Cambridge, MA
- At Boston Actors’ Theater Summer Festival, Boston University Theater
Visit us on MySpace! http://myspace.com/motherblood
For booking or more information, please contact Omega Theater, 617-522-8300
View dvd clip