Instructors: Saphira Linden, MA, RDT/BCT, TEP, LCAT
Location: Omega Theater
Date/Time: March 17th-20th, 2017, 9:00am – 9:00pm each day (with breaks for lunch and dinner)
Credits: 3 credits toward Alternate Route Training for Registered Drama Therapist credentialing with the North American Drama Therapy Association and hours toward Psychodrama training toward the CP credential. Students attend experiential workshop/lab followed by reading/writing/project assignments to be completed within 4 weeks.
Intensive weekend training, 45 hours, followed by readings, writing and experiential presentation assignments.
Cost: $300/credit, $900 total. Please inquire for discounts or scholarship opportunities.
The purpose of this course is to learn the therapeutic uses of drama as applied to the differing needs of special populations. Students will learn in depth about the developmental and clinical psychological needs of a range of populations and how to adapt drama therapy techniques to their treatment. This course teaches the application of the full range of drama therapy modalities including psychodrama and transformational theater techniques to a wide variety of populations with the intention that students learn to become skilled in working therapeutically with a variety of different populations and situations professionally.
- Students will become familiar with the cognitive, emotional, and spiritual needs of various populations.
- Students will learn about various locations and programs that deal with special populations.
- Students will learn the application of drama therapy/psychodrama methods for the follow populations:
- Groups/individuals with trauma or abuse, including pre-birth trauma.
- Seniors with dementia and alzheimers.
- Diversity issues.
- Teens and adults with different gender identifications.
- Prostituted women and sex trafficking.
- Addiction prevention in the schools.
- Eating disorders.
- People with physical illness, including children in hospitals (hospital clowning).
- Autism-Aspergers Spectrum.
- Disaster Relief.
We are able to arrange Payment Plans upon request. Please contact Omega Theater for more information.
4 weeks notice: 100% refund 2 weeks notice: 50% credit towards future Omega Theater courses THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OR CREDIT WITH LESS THAN ONE WEEKS NOTICE
For more information regarding the following, please contact Omega Theater directly at Omega Theater 41 Greenough Avenue Jamaica Plain (Boston), MA 02130